What to Expect at your Appointment? Your visit will include a variety of simple but technically advanced tests. There will be no pins or needle sticks. Your appointment will last 60 minutes. Prior to each test, an explanation will be given so that you will have a better understanding of what is being tested and why. We make every attempt to make your visit comfortable as well as educational. We will be sure to discuss the results whenever possible and send all results to your referring physician.
DOs and DON’Ts So we can obtain accurate results, we ask that you please review the following instructions carefully:
- Do bring your Photo ID, Insurance Card, and List of Medications.
- Do not wear any makeup, including mascara, eyeliner, or face lotions. These products might interfere with the recordings.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 48 hours before the test.
- Certain medications can influence the body’s response to the test, thus giving a false or misleading result. If possible, please refrain from taking the following medications for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Anti-vertigo medicines: Anti-vert, Ru-vert, or Meclizine; Anti-nausea medicine: Atarax, Dramamine, Compazine, Antiver, Bucladin Phenergan, Thorazine, Scopalomine, Transdermal.
- Vital medications SHOULD NOT be stopped. Continue to take medications for heart, blood pressure, thyroid, anticoagulants, birth control, antidepressants, and diabetes. If you are unsure about discontinuing a particular medication, please call your physician to determine if it is medically safe for you to be without them for 48 hours.
- Eat lightly the day of your appointment. If your appointment is in the morning you may have a light breakfast such as toast and juice. If your appointment is in the afternoon, eat a light breakfast and have a light snack for lunch.
- Testing may cause a sensation of motion that may linger. If possible, we encourage you to have someone accompany you to and from the appointment. However, if this is not possible, try to plan your day to include an extra 15 to 30 minutes after your test before leaving the office.
Text or Call to Make Appointment
Mon - Fri: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (340) 277-7391